About Me

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Worship Leader and Music Educator, family man, super stud husband, Guitarist, Songwriter, and Publisher

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I am retiring






Big changes on the horizon for the old band director. After 30 years of banging my head (among other things) against one wall or another I am hanging it up to do something new. I owe a big thanks to the students, parents, faculties, staffs, and administrations of Oglethorpe County, East Hall and Commerce Schools. Band trips to a gajillion football games, concerts, parades, and every amusement park in the Southern United States, t shirts out the wazoo, and everthing you could possibly imagine. Great students with unusual names like Took, Possum, Destiny, Tobie/Tate (twins always confused me), Heidi, Corky, Tennison, and many, many more. When my students have more grandchildren than me, I begin to think that it's time. You can always find me here or at my website, healingflowmusic.com or hit me up for the best deals on musical instruments (I am going to work for Draisen-Edwards Music in Anderson, SC) but please stay in touch. I love you guys

The old guy, Mr. B

3 comments:

  1. Cool Jack. Sounds like some exciting changes coming your way. If you ever want to meet for coffee in Anderson and catch up just let me know. I can send you my cell phone # through facebook. Congratulations and God Bless.

    Erin Hornsby Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely. I will be running a route through NE Georgia but will be in Anderson at least once a week. Coffee it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be greatly missed Mr. B!
    Thanks for being such a great teacher and friend, we were lucky to have you! :D

    ReplyDelete